I'm a diehard Giants fan but I've have really enjoyed watching the Rays play this year and am definitely rooting for you. With that being said, the last 48 hours have been incredibly painful.
I'm curious what the consensus is on what the next step should be?
From my outsider's point of view, I think the Rays need to trade for an OF bat and should be willing to trade any prospect minus Price (outsider's perspective). I don't know who will clear waivers but I'm curious what the Rays diehards think.
The OFer's (Giles would have been ideal but that's obviously dead) that are most interesting to me are:
1. Holliday - Would he clear waivers? Cost in terms of prospects would be expensive.
2. Ibanez - Waivers? Shouldn't be too expensive unless Mariners continue to be ridiculous.
3. Winn - Should clear waivers but a tad pricey for next year. Shouldn't be terribly expensive in players and used to play in Tampa.
4. Kemp or Either - Waivers? Would Dodgers trade either of these young players because of the surplus/glut they currently have in the OF.
5. Mark Kotsay
6. Sheffield or Bonds - Headaches galore. I would hate to see the Rays win the division after picking up one of these guys and the media give all the credit to them. The flip side is the opportunity to win the division in the AL East is always going to be difficult so those opportunities need to be taken advantage of.