Sorry no one topic committed here or any pretty graphs. Just some thoughts and observations I had recently.
- Don't see any reason why the Rays will send Jaso back down to Durham once Shoppach gets back. His regression won't be that bad compared to some other catcher on the team.
- The addition of Joaquin Benoit brings another legitimate flame thrower in the pen as I'm sure he surprised many fans yesterday hitting 94-95 in his Ray debut. Grant Balfour's is up a little, hitting 93-94 recently. And James Shields who is underrated in velocity has had his best average in his career according to BIS data.
- The Rays don't play the Twins until July. Would be cool if both teams are still on top.
- Pat Burrell has zero runs above average (wRAA). That's right zippo. But he does have a WPA of .36.
- Speaking of WPA, Ben Zobrist has the worst out of the Rays hitters with a -.66.
- Scott Kazmir and Jason Hammel were two starters that were traded last season. Both have been on the DL this season. Hmm...