Given that it's only been a week since the last Arizona Fall League update, it's not worth checking in on 2-3 innings or 10 at bats. Instead, a conversation starter: What's your top 10 prospect list look like?
It's about that time, and it's looking like John Sickels will be the first "big name" with a Rays list out, coming within two weeks or so. BaseballAmerica will be tackling the National League first, Kevin Goldstein goes in draft order, and Keith Law unveils his all at once with his top 100.
Jeremy Hellickson, Desmond Jennings, Alex Cobb (innings), and Jake McGee (service time) have graduated. Here's my list:
1. Matt Moore - Duh.
2. Hak-Ju Lee - Still pretty easy.
3. Enny Romero - That's right, I went there.
4. Drew Vettleson - A drafted hitter looking good? Are we sure?
5. Alex Torres - Might be a bullpen arm, but a valuable one.
6. Chris Archer - Stuff is too good not to rank him highly.
7. Taylor Guerrieri - Stuff is too good not to rank him highly.
8. Tim Beckham - Prediction: This thread features a Beckham argument.
9. Mikie Mahtook - Similar to #10, but tools are a bit better across the board.
10. Brandon Guyer
Next five (in no particular order):
Josh Sale - It's still real to me
Jake Hager - Fine, fine