Yesterday, we published the results of the staff and guest media predictions for this coming season. Today, it is the readers turn to make their voices heard. In less than 24 hours, 116 of you submitted your answers to the survey and as promised, one lucky winner was selected from that pool to receive a copy of TPR11. We used Random.org to generate a random number and the system spit out 65.
The 65th result we received came from user ZBW, so he's our winner. ZBW - email me to let me know if you want the paperback version or the PDF version.
Without further delay, here are the results of the 2011 DRaysBay Readers Predictions Survey
How many games will the Rays win?
- 92 games - 16.4%
- 90 games - 12.9%
- 89 games - 12.1%
- 88 games - 9.5%
- 91 games - 8.6%
- 85 games - 7.8%
- 87 games - 6.9%
- 93 games - 6.9%
- 94 games - 6.0%
- 84 games - 2.6%
- 97 games - 2.6%
- More than 97 games - 2.7% (78 lowest)
- Less than 83 games - 2.7% (100 highest)
What place will the Rays finish in?
- 1st - 12%
- 2nd - 55.2%
- 3rd - 29.3%
- Tied for 2nd - 3.4%
Who will be the Offensive MVP?
- Evan Longoria - 67.3%
- Manny Ramirez - 17.3%
- Ben Zobrist - 6.9%
- B.J. Upton - 1.7%
- Casey Kotchman, Dan Johnson, Elliot Johnson, Matt Joyce, Sean Rodriguez - 0.9% each
Who will be the Defensive MVP?
- Evan Longoria - 35.3%
- B.J. Upton - 33.6%
- Reid Brignac - 11.3%
- Sean Rodriguez - 3.4%
- Ben Zobrist - 2.6%
- Matt Joyce, Casey Kotchman, Elliot Johnson - 1.7% each
Who will be the Pitching MVP?
- David Price - 68.1%
- Jeremy Hellickson - 12.9%
- James Shields - 6.8%
- Jeff Niemann - 3.4%
- Wade Davis - 2.6%
- Kyle Farnsworth - 1.7%
- Joel Peralta, and yes, Casey Kotchman, 0.9% each
Who will hit the most home runs?
- Evan Longoria - 44%
- Manny Ramirez - 26.8%
- Dan Johnson - 12%
- Ben Zobrist - 1.8%
- Matt Joyce - 1.7%
- B.J. Upton, Casey Kotchman, Johnny Damon 0.9% each
Who will drive in the most runs?
- Evan Longoria - 65.8%
- Manny Ramirez - 31%
- Matt Joyce, Johnny Damon, Casey Kotchman, and Ben Zobrist 0.9% each
Who will steal the most bases?
- B.J. Upton - 84.6%
- Elliot Johnson - 2.6%
- Ben Zobrist, Sam Fuld, John Jaso, and Casey Kotchman 0.9% each
Who will score the most runs?
- Johnny Damon - 31.1%
- Ben Zobrist - 23.1%
- B.J. Upton - 21.6%
- Evan Longoria - 12.9%
- John Jaso - 2.6%
- Elliot Johnson - 1.7%
- Casey Kotchman - 0.9%
Who will have the most wins?
- David Price - 77.7%
- Wade Davis - 7.8%
- James Shields - 6.9%
- Jeff Niemann - 5.2%
- Jeremy Hellickson - 1.8%
- Casey Kotchman - 0.9%
Who will lead the team in saves?
- Jake McGee - 38%
- Kyle Farnsworth - 24.2%
- Joel Peralta - 17.3%
- Juan Cruz - 6.9
- J.P. Howell - 1.8%
- Casey Kotchman, Cesar Ramos 0.9%
Who will lead the staff in strikeouts?
- David Price - 79.3%
- James Shields - 8.6%
- Jeremy Hellickson - 4.3%
- Wade Davis - 3.5%
- Andy Sonnanstine, Casey Kotchman 0.9%
Who will give up the most home runs?
- James Shields - 66.5%
- Jeremy Hellickson - 7.8%
- Wade Davis - 7.7%
- Jeff Niemann - 7.7%
- Casey Kotchman, Andy Sonnanstine 0.9% each
What is your off-the-wall prediction for the season?
- Kelly Shoppach hits 15 home runs
- Rays win wild card, Price is awarded Cy Young, Sternfan1 hosts playoff party
- Dan Johnson hits 35 homers
- Wade Davis celebrates his new contract by throwing a no-hitter
- Ben Zobrist put up a .280/.380/.430 slash line
- Sonnanstine hits 2 homers in interleague play
- Jeremy Hellickson wins the Cy Young
- Upton goes 30/30
- Rays go all the way
- Upton wins AL MVP
- Ramirez makes the all-star team
- Yankees finish 4th in the AL East
- Sean Rodriguez has a breakout season and secures full-time playing status
- Niemann has 2nd best ERA on team
- Sean Rodriguez steals 30 bases
- Manny wins team MVP
- The Rays will trade Manny and Damon for Crawford - with Boston eating the entire remaining salary of Crawford's contract
- Upton joins the 30-30 club
- Reid Brignac makes the all-star team
- Hellickson becomes the closer
- B.J's R, HR, RBI, and SB totals > Crawford's totals
- B.J. hits .305, 25 homers, 40 steals, and steals home five times including 3 for walk-off wins
- In April, Stu Sternberg announces he's selling his rights to MLB in order to purchase control of the Mets
- Hellickson wins 15 games
- Brignac will have more homers than Joyce
- New stadium deal is finalized
- Niemann's ERA will be 4.50
- Yankees finish below .500
- McGee leads the AL in saves
- Dan Johnson is released
- Elliot Johnson steals 30 bases
- Manny Ramirez is not with the team by August 1st
- Casey Kotchman is the league MVP
- Shields wins the AL Cy Young