The Rays are rolling, and not even the disruptive departure of Manny Ramirez knocked the wind out of them. (They weren't so smart there, were they?) Compare that to the mishandled mess with Posada. Had Girardi and Cashman not so badly botched things, Posada's apology Sunday could have been the end of it. Instead, the Yankees need a week's worth of hand sanitizer.
Quick personal note, I will not be around this upcoming week much, so let the waterworks begin! Tuesday and Wednesday I will be in (sigh) San Francisco for work, Friday I will be at a Gay Marriage and after party, Saturday I will be in the city, and Sunday I will be at Mariners vs.Garbage Monsters at Safeco with my brother, who happens to be a Garbage Monster fan. A week in the life of Puppy-D., folks!
Scott Miller of CBS believes that the Rays are looking smarter than ever.
Well, Mr. Miller, the Yankees seemed to end the controversy within a day, so that argument makes no sense.
Questions of the week after the jump.
1. If someone was to remake "The Rookie" right now, who would you have play the lead characters? Personally, I think Josh Lucas would be a good fit for the role of The Rookie, but he isn't exactly the biggest names?
2. Do you think Chris Archer will play a single game for the Rays this season? I envision a Mitch Talbot type of fate for him at this point.
3. Do you think the next closer of the Rays is on the active roster?
4. Who should the first starting pitcher called up from Durham be if one is ever needed?
5. What analyst would you put with what announcer in your dream combination for a baseball game?