Hahmann will have the full post-game write-up later tonight but here are some takeaways from tonight's game, courtesy of the fine folks in Rays Communication:
- The Rays have now won 29 straight games when scoring five or more runs and are 62-7 this season when they do score five or more runs anywhere they play.
- The Rays have won 11 of their last 13 home games and are 19-6 since August 8th
- Eight of the 16 wins by the club this month were done by rookies: McGee (3), Hellickson (2), and one each from Gomes, Moore, and Torres.
- Hellickson faced five AL East opponents in September and went 2-0 with a 3.67 ERA and on the season, opposition hit just .210 against him in 695 at bats.
- Joyce's HR was just his second of the month and his second in 29 games. His home run was the only hit the Rays had on the evening with runners in scoring position.
- Ben Zobrist is one stolen base shy of joining B.J. Upton and 11 other players in the 20/20 club this season.
- Deezy isn't making it look easy these days as he is 0 for his last 18 with 7 strikeouts and is hitting .165 in September.
- Casey Kotchman passed his tests at the hospital and was released from their care before the end of the game. No word if he is playing tomorrow but great to hear that the chest pains were nothing to be worried about.
- LOL @ Rafael Soriano. MFYSA -- you figure out the acronym