Short and sweet:
- Lost in the shuffle of the arbitration results yesterday was the fact that Stuart Sternberg and Bill Foster met to discuss the Rays' stadium situation once more. There are no specifics yet on what was discussed, but the Tampa Bay Times passed along whatever information they could glean.
- Listen to David Price rave about the Rays makes it oh, so difficult not to imagine him signing a team-friendly long-term deal. I am still skeptical, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
- According to a recent rumor, utility man Craig Counsell should announce shortly that he is going to retire and take a position in the Brewers' front office. I had no idea he was so cerebral.
- R.J. Anderson has a fascinating article over at BPro (sorry, subscription required) about the staying power of Japanese pitchers. Do they fade as the league adjusts to them? Or is there some other reason that most of them decline over time?
- Victor Martinez hurt himself while training, and it sounds likely that he will be out for the entire 2012 season. If that's the case, how much will the Tigers miss V-Mart? The answer isn't as much as you might think.