Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, Rays fans.
I'm not sure what kind of low life resorts to making a fake twitter account and posting nonsense to get their jollies off, but apparently its open season on that garbage right now.
In the past week there have been several rogue tweets by people impersonating respected baseball insiders that have momentarily duped fans. It is often difficult to tell who is real and who isn't on twitter, as these weirdos are pretty creative with their handles, substituting in extra characters or replacing L's with I's etc.
If in doubt, when stumbling upon a twitter rumor, first check the username closely and then look at the number of followers the account has and if it has a blue verified user check mark.
This PSA brought to you by Wil Myers, and B.J. Upton the Philly.
Lots of Rays news from Tuesday:
- Spring training schedule has been announced.
- Four players were added to the 40-man roster in order to avoid being subject to the Rule 5 draft, including Tim Beckham and Hak-Ju Lee
- Joel Peralta finalized his deal 2-year, $6 million deal, which includes $2.5M million club options for 2015-2017
- The Rays are one of a few teams "kicking the tires" on Lance Berkman. Tommy Rancel discusses this over at The Process Report.
- The Royals signed Jeremy Guthrie to a 3-year deal. Craig Brown of Royals Review explores the process of the signing.
- The Blue Jays hired John Gibbons, who apparently likes to fight his players, as their next manager.
- The Yankees re-signed Hiroki Kuroda to a 1-year deal.
- Also in Pinstripe land, FOX has purchased 49% of the YES Network.
- The Mariners finally DFA'd Chone Figgins.
- Every Rays fan's favorite Oriole, Robert Andino, was traded to the Mariners for Trayvon Robinson.