Et tu, Gomes? - Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE
Enjoy your tryptophan, all ye pilgrims!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM DRAYSBAY!
Rays cult hero Jonny Gomes signed a two-year deal with the Red Sox for $10 million yesterday. The Rays were never rumored to be in the hunt, while the Sox appear to have outbid Baltimore for his services. At that price, it's understandable that the Rays passed - but the situation is no less frustrating. He would have made an excellent platoon for Matt Joyce.
Feel free to drown your sorrows in cranberry sauce and some delicious stuffing.
- Ichiro Suzuki has a new Japanese commercial featuring his laser beam of an arm. Suzuki is a free agent, and Tim Dierkes of MLBTR projects him to sign in Tampa Bay this off-season.
- Marc Normandin examines former first rounders in the Rule 5 draft.
- Glenn DuPaul, for The Hardball Times: Are relievers across baseball consistently improving?
- Jon Roegele: How does changing leagues affect walk rates for batters?
- C.J. Nitkowski on the value of good coaching.
- Finally, UF has released their new uniforms for Saturday's rivalry game against Florida State. One must wonder if they are sacrificing style for accuracy.
Enjoy the holiday!