Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE
David Price is a man of the people, and will be honored as such.
Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn announced Friday that he will present Cy Young winner David Price a key to the city and proclaim Tuesday as David Price Day.
I have no idea what that means, but hey, it sounds cool. Price was his typical jovial self about it, tweeting that with the key he will open Chik-Fil-A's on Sunday. Good man.
Boy, it was a slow news day.
- James Lonely likes the chance to play for a contender. Suck on that, Boston.
- The Reds re-signed Ryan Ludwick to a two-year deal.
- The Diamondbacks added pitcher Brandon McCarthy, also on a two-year deal, his reportedly worth $15.5-million dollars.
- Carson Cistull examines the worth of every utility player in 2012, apparently Ben Zobrist didn't qualify. (Spoiler: Reid Brignac was really bad)
- Finally, the University of South Florida shocked no-one and hired Willie Taggart as their next head football coach. Yay?