Finally, the Rays actually have a game that starts after 4pm today as they go north of the border to take on the Toronto Blue Jays who have their 1-2-3 in Ricky Romero, Brandon Morrow, and Henderson Alvarez waiting for the struggling Rays bats. The Rays were able to salvage the final game of the series despite their struggles with runners in scoring position all week thanks to a mixture of help from their keen batting eyes, Bobby Valentine, and Larry Vanover.
Those kind of odds have to work themselves out at some point over the season but the pitching matchups in Toronto are not exactly what the doctor ordered. The good news is David Price has had some of his best games against Toronto in his career despite some struggles against Jose Bautista which should hopefully get the boys
off to a good start in the middle game of this series.
Later today, Kevin Gengler has a piece on prospect small sample sizes (10am) and C.B. Jones has his This Week in Sun Sports series (noon).
- FakeTeams looks at Tyler Goeddel
- Burke Badenhop was interviewed by FanGraphs about his sinkers, shifts, and PitchFX. Yep, he's a stat boy.
- The Hardball Times hands out some early-season awards
- Yet another player signs a pre-agency deal as Madison Bumgarner inked a five-year extension with the Giants
- RaysProspects has the minor league wrap-up for yesterday. Son of FreeZorilla is now hitting .321
- Kevin Gengler looks into the angle whether Matt Moore was tipping pitches in his last start. He may or may not have been, but he certainly was doing it last year
- UPDATE FROM WOODRUM: I also toyed around with some of the Pitch F/x from yesterday's game if anyone's interested.