BALTIMORE, MD - JUNE 05: Robert Andino #11 of the Baltimore Orioles argues after being called out looking at the plate to end the game against the Toronto Blue Jays during the Orioles 7-4 loss at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on June 5, 2011 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)
Last night was not much fun without Desmond Jennings, Matt Joyce, and Luke Scott sitting due to either injuries or matchup issues. The team now heads to Baltimore for their first games of the 2012 season against the Fightin' Showalters who have become a home run factory (more on that in the series preview later today). The downside is that the Rays will have to deal with two more lefties this weekend in Dana Eveland tonight and Brian Matusz on Sunday, but neither are to the level of what the Rays had to deal with last evening.
News you can use:
- Bullpen Banter has a nice report on Hak-Ju Lee that includes video
- Former pitcher C.J. Nitkowski weighs in on how to properly value the loss of Mariano Rivera.
- The Hardball Times looks at the best swing and miss pitches in baseball right now. No Fernando Rodney??
- Yesterday was the sixth time that CC Sabathia and David Price have squared off. STATS looks at how the previous matchups went.
- The Angels and Nationals are discussing a Peter Bourjos trade?
- Tom Tango weighs in on the changes to WAR that were made at Baseball-Reference a few days ago and the discussion below the post is worth the read as well.