The post-game write-up is still in the trainer's room being checked for a strained tendon, but if you told me before last night's game that the Rays would lose because of Nick Johnson and that he would homer and steal a base in the same contest, I would have laughed at you. Those Fightin' Showalters continued their power trip of late banging three home runs last evening while the Rays failed to take full advantage of the 12 runners they put on base in the first six innings and lost their fifth game in the last six contests. Playing without Evan Longoria is one thing, but having to be without he and Desmond Jennings at the same time is no bueno.
Links for the day:
- I will be on 620 AM today at 10am talking Rays with Ronnie Nightrain Lane
- Viva El Birdos takes a look at how players react after errors
- Seattle feels bad about how the trade with the Yankees worked out
- Brandon Inge is destroying everything in his way this week
- Box scores from the affiliates last night. Glaesmann and Malm with big nights, and Buschmann was dominating on the mound.