June 25, 2012; Kansas City, MO, USA; Tampa Bay Rays third basemen Brooks Conrad (36) makes a diving attempt on a ground ball against the Kansas City Royals during the sixth inning at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Peter G. Aiken-US PRESSWIRE
Last night we learned that Luke Hochevar > Cole Hamels > Cliff Lee. The team looked like it had played 27 innings of baseball in 30 hours put hats off to Alex Cobb who wore one for the team and pitched a very ugly complete game to help give the bullpen some much-needed rest. Also, Brooks Conrad has apparently seen the DFA shuffle going on with the Rays this season and is trying his damnedest to avoid it. He has hit well and had quite the hustle play last night as the Royals ran into an out coming all of the way across the diamond to get the ball and tag the runner on a long pickoff play.
- Luke Scott hit two home runs in his first rehab game yesterday. The team says they will re-evaluate him after today's game in Durham but it is pretty easy to vision a Scott for Matsui swap on the roster.
- Death, taxes, and Bob Davidson sucking at his job.
- Puppy D called this shot months ago and everyone else is catching up to him now.
- President Obama trolls Red Sox Nation
- Toronto signs Jamie Moyer as Henderson Alvarez left last night's start with a sore elbow making it the fourth time in the past two weeks a Toronto pitcher has exited a game with a sore elbow.
- Anthony Rizzo and Trevor Bauer have been freed by their respective clubs. It seems odd that the only "FREE_____" movement in this fanbase these days is Dickie's #FreeVogt movement.