B.J. Upton DH
Matt Joyce RF
Ben Zobrist SS
Carlos Pena 1B
Ryan Roberts 2B
Sam Fuld CF
Alex Cobb P
- The team has won four straight road series and has not lost a road series since being swept by the Royals in late June
- The Mariners have a team slash line of .254/.326/.373 against groundball pitchers, which is below league-average. Jaso has the highest slash line (min 50 PA) against groundball pitchers as he is hitting .302/.455/.442.
- Speaking of Jaso, he is the sixth best hitter in the American League based on wRC+ in 2012 trailing only Mike Trout, David Ortiz, Edwin Encarnacion, Miguel Cabrera, and Josh Willingham.
- The Mariners team slash line at home is an amazingly poor .208/.254/.303 this season compared to a .249/.301/.405 slash line on the road.
- The Rays have collected double-digit hits in four consecutive games for the first time since May 17-20.
- David Price has never pitched against the Mariners and will once again miss facing them in this series.
- For more on this series, check out the preview over at Lookout Landing that is the standard for all series previews on the SB Nation network.