The Rays will be releasing their 2014 Players and Pooches calendar, just in time for the holiday season! You can head on over to petpalanimalshelter.com to pick yours up for $15! Or if you live in the Bay area and want to pick one up in person, you can head to the following locations:
All proceeds will go to the Pet Pal Animal Shelter, and you can find out more about the calendar here.
Jaime Edmondson and Evan Longoria announced their engagement yesterday through Twitter with an adorable Christmas Card featuring Elle. Congrats to Longo and Jaime! According to Marc Topkin, the couple is planning a January 2016 wedding.
- Maury Brown wrote an article for Forbes showing the growth in revenue for MLB. According to Brown, MLB revenues have grown nearly 264 percent over the past 18 years. 2013 was also the first year that MLB topped $8 billion in revenues. Incredible!
- A-Rod has been meeting with publishers over the past few weeks as he seeks to pen a tell-all book detailing his battles with MLB.
- Baseball Prospectus's Sam Miller reminds us that relievers get paid way more $/WAR than other player in his Balfour analysis.
- Also at Baseball Prospectus, their crew made 12 Trade Offers for Mike Trout, which reads kind of like the 12 Days of Christmas (it doesn't). Read at your own risk, Sobsey will get you all worked up.
- Michael Clair judged the 2014 Hall of Fame Candidates by their commercials, as if you had any reason to doubt Greg Maddux was a first ballot guy.
- Ben Zobrist will be making a fashion statement in 2014, according to his instagram: