- Fangraphs focused on Matt Moore's control issues, noting "it's only Spring Training" but indicating there's cause for concern as this isn't a new issue, and he's walked 9.4 batters per 9 innings this spring, giving him the worst ST walk rate since at least 2005.
- Best jerseys ever, or best jerseys ever?
Per the Bulls Twitter, the jerseys will be auctioned off during the game with all proceeds benefitting Autism Society of North Carolina.
- James Shields took on a mentoring role this offseason, to the unlikely candidate of Stephen Strasburg. The two worked out at the same high school, and Shields bestowed advice to Strasburg about maintaining your arm and remaining strong throughout the season. Pretty cool.
- Jonah Keri's second book, Up, Up & Away: The Kid, The Hawk, Rock, Vladi, Pedro, Le Grand Orange, Youppi!, The Crazy Business of Baseball, & the Ill-Fated but Unforgettable Montreal Expos , was released today and Hardball Times provided a review of the insightful history and ode to Keri's beloved Montreal Expos. Pick it up.
- Interesting article concerning catcher complacency and how a lack of attention to the position can hinder team's chances; somehow not mentioning the Rays at any point.
- Ticket fairies exist, and they're roaming the streets of Philadelphia bestowing tickets upon Phillies fans. I don't hate it.