- Before the game the Rays playoff chances were at 13.5%. After the victory (and before the Boston score went final) the odds were up to 15.4%.
- Scott Kazmir was quite efficient tonight, including a handful of sub-10 pitch innings against a pretty good lineup. His overall line isn't too pretty: 4 K, 2 BB, 13 FB, 1 HR. 9% whiffs on a little over 100 pitches. I can't really argue with the start because he didn't get a chance to strike many batters out, the Rangers were swinging often tonight and the only negative is the fly ball amount.
- File Gregg Zaun throwing out Julio Borbon under "the best results are sometimes the most unlikely".
- Dustin Nippert needs to take the Lance Cormier class of allowing home runs. The curve to Zobrist was down and in, albeit not enough, and the pitch to Pena was outside, albeit high enough for Pena to extend and elevate.
- I don't have much else to say and I've spent the last five minutes wasting time for CoolStandings to update, so have at it.
- Sexy update: The Rays playoff odds are up to 18.5%. Let's gain another 5% tomorrow please.