- The National League kicked butt in last night's All-Star Game, blanking the American League by a score of 8-0. Part of the reason the AL lost is that Justin Verlander imploded early on, as he tried to ramp up his velocity to 100 MPH much sooner than he would normally. As he said, "It's for the fans"....and yet, at the same time, home field advantage in the World Series really does matter. So which is it baseball: does the All-Star Game actually matter or not?
- If you don't already read XKCD comics, you've missing out in life. The artist behind the comic recenently branched out and has started answering physics questions once a week, and his first "What If?" piece focused on the question: What would happen if you tried to hit a baseball thrown at 90% the speed of light? The answer is absolutely fantastic; this is the one must-read piece of the day, definitely.
- Ever wonder why Adrian Beltre freaks out whenever someone touches his head? So did I, and the SB Nation video team has you covered.
- Sean Rodriguez rates as one of the worst hitters in the majors according to Brad's patented "De-Lucker". Woot!
- Scott Kazmir is attempting a comeback. No, really, it's true. And to make matters even more awesome, he's pitching on a team called the Sugar Land Skeeters.