- I'm not sure what the record is for the longest rehab from a hamstring injury is, but Evan Longoria has to be making a run for it. Thankfully, though, he's set to begin his rehab in Triple-A tonight after sitting out the last two nights with "general soreness". That soreness apparently wasn't related to his hamstring injury, but was just general aches after sitting out for a couple months. I'm sure this sort of thing is expected at this stage in his recovery, but man, I hope he gets back soon.
- Speaking of rehabs, Luke Scott is getting close to beginning his rehab assignment. He's planning to take some swings during batting practice this weekend, and then head get in some minor league game action from there. Progress!
- Anyone else excited by Alex Cobb's continued success? He's had a total of 22 starts in the majors now, and he's still putting getting a good amount of whiffs (7%) and groundballs (57%). He may not have tremendous upside, but I'm quite sold on him as a #4/#5 starter.
- FanGraphs has a new feature: Leaderboard filters. Now instead of exporting data to Excel and filtering it there, you can create custom stat filters right on the leaderboard itself. When used to their full capabilities, those leaderboards are incredibly powerful and flexible at this point.
- Dave Cameron wraps up the winners and losers from the trade deadline. The Rays don't feature on either list, but then again, neither do any of the other teams the Rays are fighting against for a Wild Card spot. I'm quite curious how the Astros strategy of acquiring as much minor league talent as possible will end up working out; they certainly needed an infusion of young blood, so now the trick will be how much of that talent reaches the majors.