The Rays may have lost yesterday to the Yankees 6-5, but they still took the series and are 7-2 on this ten game road trip. Tonight the Rays head back to Fenway where David Price will take the mound against Felix Doubront. The last time these two faced each other? Five days ago when Price threw a complete game in the Rays 5-1 victory over the Sox.
During yesterday’s loss, Wil Myers went yard twice and boy, his first shot was beautiful. Bat flip included. Since his call-up on June 17th, Wil Myers has undoubtedly provided a spark to the Rays offense. In the 33 games he’s played in, Myers is hitting .328 and leads all American League rookies with a 146 wRC+, per FanGraphs.
For more on yesterday’s game, Danny provided an in-depth recap here.
The only unsettling afterthought that I had about yesterday's game is why Escobar was not in position to turn a double play. Regardless, it's still the ninth series win in a row for the Rays and tonight they'll go for number 10.
Joe Maddon has been giving more thought to a four-man rotation, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Topkin wrote, "Maddon said the Rays were looking at different scenarios, and certainly weighing whether they are better off giving their youngest pitchers - Chris Archer and Matt Moore extra rest, and whether to keep David Price on a strict five-day schedule and work the others around him." Joe could always take a look at Danny's suggestions for the upcoming schedule.
- Mike Philbrick of Grantland recently sat down with Dr. James Andrews to inquire about injured athletes of the past. There’s also a pretty interesting video interview with Tommy John, too.
- Eric Karabell and David Schoenfield of The Sweet Spot blog discussed the American League and gave major props to David Price and the Rays.
- Yasiel Puig hit a walk-off homerun yesterday that included both a bat flip and a slide across home plate.
- It’s too bad there’s not a Showtime series for the Marlins again this season. Hitting Coach Tino Martinez resigned yesterday amid allegations of physically abusing some of the players, which he denies.
- Rumors started running wild yesterday after the New York Post reported that A-Rod will be suspended for the remainder of the 2013 and all of the 2014 season for his involvement in the Biogenesis case.
- Video: Sports Center recounts this morning how the National League failed to implement Designated Hitters because the Phillies owner was on a fishing trip.
<h4>More from DRaysBay:</h4>
<li><a href="http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/28/4565388/myers-homerun-tampa-bay-rays-loss-alfonso-soriano-derek-jeter-yankees">Myers homers twice in Rays loss; Yanks win 6-5</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/26/4556624/four-man-rotation-tampa-bay-rays-roberto-hernandez-chris-archer">The Rays and the Four Man Rotation</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/25/4556532/why-is-david-price-so-awesome-now">Why is David Price so awesome now?</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/27/4562496/the-rays-tank-first-place-day">The Rays Tank: First Place Day</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.draysbay.com/2013/7/27/4563452/rays-1-yankees-0-archer-pitches-complete-game-shutout">Rays 1, Yankees 0: Archer Pitches Complete Game Shutout</a></li>