Well, how to describe last night's game?
Gareth said it best in his postgame recap,
Tampa Bay Rays Executive Vice President Andrew Friedman decide to not make a move before Tuesday afternoon's trade deadline, telling the media and his team that he believes in the guys that are here. His team responded to the vote of confidence by producing absolutely nothing against Wade Miley and the Arizona Diamondbacks, getting blanked 7-0 in an uninspired and downright pathetic offensive effort.
So, the Rays lost 7-0 to the Diamondbacks last night, only managing three hits and a whopping zero runs in the loss. Jeremy Hellickson only survived 4.1 innings, allowing seven hits and four runs in that span. Mind you, Helly had won his previous six starts.
There's not much else to say, except that that was not the game of a team that has gone 21-5 in the month of July, allowing them the third best July in Major League Baseball's history.
- We posted this on Facebook yesterday, but if you have any interest in being an extra in a Rays commercial, here's your opportunity.
- Rays fan favorite Carlos Pena was DFA'd by the Astros, and now has been officially released.
- A look at the Jake Peavy trade, and it's repercussions league-wide.
- So, the Orioles made a move at the trade deadline and got Bud Norris...and his platoon problems.
- The winners and losers of July 31st at 4:00 p.m. EST.