After Taylor Guerrieri and Alex Colome went to a runoff to decide the #3 prospect, the runoff was just as close. Guerrieri won with 19 votes to Colome's 18.
1. SS Willy Adames (91.6%)
2. OF Steven Souza (52.6%)
3. RHP Taylor Guerrieri (51.4% in runoff)
Here's a refresher on the rules from valued former staff member Michael:
For this year's list, the rules will be the same as before. Cast a "+1" vote as a reply to the prospect listed that you think is best. The player receiving the most votes is announced the winner of the spot. Each poll will be open for voting for a two day period, and the goal is to create a top 30 list.
A few notes to remember.....
1. Please vote for the prospect that you believe to be the best. Even if the player does not have a good shot at winning, I encourage you to vote for the best prospect. Runoffs are the times to vote for the prospect you like who has the best shot of winning.
2. If you want to vote for someone who is not listed, reply "(player name) +1" to "Others." If you think someone should be added to the list, reply with their name to the comment reading "Testers." They will then be added to the pool of contenders for the next poll.
3. There are many ways in which to decide who you want to vote for. Things such as scouting reports, statistics, age relative to league, position, and pedigree should all be considered. How you weigh these will determine your pick.
4. Discussion is encouraged. Perhaps the best part of doing this list, for me, is engaging in the many conversations. It helps everyone to make a better choice, to reevaluate their take on a player, and to share their views with others.
2014 statistics with Triple-A Durham: 86 IP, 3.37 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 8.1 BB%, 19.8 K%
2014 statistics with Tampa Bay: 23 2/3 IP, 2.66 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 10.3 BB%, 13.4 K%
2014 statistics with Triple-A Durham: 145 1/3 IP, 5.08 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, 9.9 BB%, 24.5 K%
2014 statistics with Tampa Bay: 12 IP, 4.50 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 8.2 BB%, 26.5 K%