I'm going to keep this short. Yesterday, there was a bit of a dust-up around these parts. Here's what I would like to see.
- "Hate" the Red Sox in the way that fans of one professional team "hate" teams from other areas. That is, as a mode of emotional escapism that has basically nothing to do with actual hate. I hate them too. They're awful. I hope they lose all of their games and that David Ortiz tests positive for steroids, and that after serving a suspension, he never gets another extra-base hit because his arms have shriveled up to the size of pencils.
- Talk about baseball.
- Engage with in a friendly if occasionally antagonistic manner any opposing fans who come to DRaysBay to debate baseball. If they are unwilling to do the same, flag their comment, and if a mod doesn't deal with it quickly, tweet me (@dog_whelk), and I will immediately either ask them to talk baseball or leave.
Please do not:
- Discuss the relative merits of DRaysBay and OverTheMonster.
- Discuss posters from OverTheMonster.
- Copy any text from OverTheMonster to this site.
This is a freeze on all OTM talk of any kind. We have plenty else to talk about. Up momentarily, the economics of buying or selling at the deadline. . .