Another fantastic win for the Rays.
Scheduling snafu means that this is an abbreviated recap now, so there will be doubly interesting details tomorrow. Four thousand words at least. Some highlights:
- Ben Zobrist homered to tie the game vs. Matt Garza, and then was part of the rally that delivered the win once Garza was pulled.
- Alex Cobb was great, striking out 12(!) Brewers in eight innings, nearly all of those strikeouts coming on his splitter.
- Alex Cobb also disrupted the Brewers reliever, Will Smith, by getting the Rays groudn crew to pour some magic dirt on the mound. Seriously, the guy is amazing.
- Yunel Escobar got ejected for looking down and muttering, because umpires don't like Yunel Escobar. I get it though. When the guy next to me looks at the ground and mutters on the subway, I move to the next car, but if I had the power of an umpire, I'd surely be drunk on it, and would make him leave instead.
- For more details, Steve Kinsella has you covered.