I just want to watch this again and again and again and again and again:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Melky you are in a DOME! <a href="http://t.co/7FTwU8j0Ex">http://t.co/7FTwU8j0Ex</a></p>— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBGIFs/status/507324665404993536">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Oh, and someone on the Blue Jays, help a brother out #thunderbuddy:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WIHtzJkihxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Even after all the theatrics on their home turf, the Rays unfortunately lost to the Blue Jays, but did inspire today's Word of the Day (c/o of Danny and his head cold and his thorough recap):
ineptitude / in·ep·ti·tude: a lack of skill or ability
Example: The general theme of the night, however, was ineptitude, and not just on the Dome.
Use that one in a sentence today, kids!
And also, please help us identify these two gentlemen, as they are the future of in-stadium sponsorships (Beats by Dre, Apple, etc. So many opportunities here.):
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Someone please tell us they know these video-chatting-in-the-Trop men. <a href="http://t.co/m5BUVz838Q">http://t.co/m5BUVz838Q</a> <a href="http://t.co/AnyE2hQVZD">pic.twitter.com/AnyE2hQVZD</a> (via <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationMLB">@SBNationMLB</a>)</p>— DRaysBay (@draysbay) <a href="https://twitter.com/draysbay/status/507384789318397954">September 4, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- ICYMI: The stadium rumor mill started churning again, with a piece from John Romano in yesterday's Tampa Bay Times mentioning chatter allowing the Rays to explore potential sites in Hillsborough county. Danny provided a great breakdown of everything the article mentioned.
- Per some sources, David Price has made a new friend in Detroit. First name Pine, last name Tar.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/larryfakedolan">@larryfakedolan</a> what's under prices hat ???? <a href="http://t.co/UWIiG8pO1b">pic.twitter.com/UWIiG8pO1b</a></p>— tim cox (@kingcoxie95) <a href="https://twitter.com/kingcoxie95/status/506569479200186368">September 1, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- "A Day In the Life of John Jaso's Concussion." Read this. Professional athletes injuries can (and most often do) affect them for a lifetime, long after their careers have ended, and Jaso's recount of what his day-to-day symptoms and experiences are half a month later is somewhat jarring.
- Vin Scully is decreasing his workload in 2015 by as much as 25%, so someone just let me know where to sign the petition or where the protesters are gathering. Or, since I respect him and his decisions, someone relay that I will happily just hang out with him in all of his newfound free time and listen to all of his grand stories for hours on end. All valid options.
- Japanese. First. Pitches. Disclaimer: may cause nightmares. Lots of costumes.
- "All the sabermetric-whatever-crap that you guys, [that] people talk about, you can throw that out the window, because it's baseball. You get someone hot, you get someone not, whatever, it happens." - Tell us more, Kevin Frandsen.