The Rays have since come as the winner of this trade as both Garza and Bartlett provided three quality years for the Rays, helping them to the postseason twice with Garza throwing the team's first no-httier and also being named the MVP of the 2008 ALCS, while Bartlett was the team MVP for the 2008 season.
Which two pitchers are tied for the Rays single game record of allowing the most runs at 11 apiece?
The answer will be provided in tomorrow's tank!
There are officially 128 days until Opening Day!
That's the same number of home runs that comeback hopeful, Aubrey Huff, had during his Rays career. Enjoy one from him 2003 campaign below!
- Rays VP Chaim Bloom was on the Rays Baseball podcast and discussed the team's desire to target players with team control this off-season.
- Next off-season's free agent class looks quite uninspiring, making it all the more important to acquire young, controllable talent.
- Baseball America highlighted unprotected prospects in this massive post, including looks at OF Tyler Goeddel and RHP Parker Markel, with no mention of C Jesus Araiza.
- Baseball Prospectus updated their fielding metric FRAA which will impact PECOTA
- New Brewers GM Dave Stearns talks his approach to building a front office, which includes scooping up Rays Director Matt Arnold for Asst. GM.
- Hardball Times: What it's like to follow baseball in the military
- Matt Bates on the "importance" of opt-out clauses in long term deals
- Gabe Kapler did not win the managership of the Dodgers, but sent winner Dave Roberts a heartfelt letter
- The Cubs affiliate interviewed a dude named Crane (Pes. of Business Ops) about the Wrigley construction, among other more pertinent television negotiation topics
- Neil Solondz on what Rays fans can be thankful for this year.