Welcome to your Tank for Monday, November 30th!
Where power hitters single and contact hitters homer
November 30th in Rays History!
Hank Blalock was born on this date in 1980. The two-time all-star spent the last 26 games of his major league career with the Rays during the 2010 season after spending the prior eight years with the Rangers. Blalock's time with Tampa Bay was short, but he provided a decent bat off the bench for the team as he slashed .254/.319/.349 with one home run.
Which pitcher in franchise history is responsible for the team's first complete game no-hitter? This includes the minor leagues as well.
Answer will be revealed later on in the comments. Also if you have any suggestion for trivia, feel free to contact me with them
There are 125 days until Opening Day!
That's the same number of hits recorded by Jeff Keppinger during the 2012 season.
Here's one of those hits!
LINKS from a very busy weekend of non-Rays activity!
- Yasiel Puig, who has been a popular name in trade speculation, was involved in an altercation at a Miami nightclub
- Right now, the Red Sox are the favorites to land David Price, which is not good news for the Rays
- In minor league news, the real life 'Crash Davis' announced his retirement
- If you haven't already, please sign our petition to bring back the team's original uniforms for the retro game in 2016
- Need a baseball fix? Check out this exciting game from 2008