Welcome to the Rays Tank!
Where the Rays are juiced and prospects break your heart!
December 10th in Rays History!
In 1998, the Rays signed controversial slugger, Jose Canseco to a one year deal worth $2 million, with two option years could net him possibly $14 million more. During the 1999 season, Canseco tore the cover off the ball, for about half the year until a back injury shut him down. Canseco returned in 2000, but was a shell of his past as he struggled throughout the year and was eventually claimed by New York.
The answer to yesterday's question was Reid Brignac, answered correctly by Brickhaus
Only three times in franchise history has a player appeared in all 162 games in a season. Who was the first Devil Ray/Rays player to accomplish this? Bonus if you name all three.
There are 115 days until Opening Day!
That's the same number of games that Jeremy Hellickson pitched in during his Rays career.
Here's his highly anticipated first game with the team
- Today at 10am EST, the Rule V draft will commence and we already know the Rays will lose Tyler Goeddel
- A couple interesting things from Topkin, including Joey Gallo as a possible trade target, and pondering about a long term deal for Blake Snell (ala Matt Moore).
- If you like prospect lists and cool graphs, John Larue combined both, giving a great snapshot into some history of Baseball America's top 100 prospect lists.
- A day after the big Shelby Miller blockbuster trade, the debate over how good (or horrifically bad) the trade was is still kicking around. Some are calling it "Worst trade I've ever seen," and "Occasionally there are bad trades. This is among the worst of them." while others argue a defense (or at least an explanation) of the trade.
- With elite name tool prospect Dansby Swanson on the move to Atlanta, Carson Cistulli looks at the (few) times a No 1 pick was traded.
- After Bryce Harper instagram'd a video of his impressive 55 inch vertical jump, Steven Souza Jr one upped that, showing off his own crazy big hops.
- Need a baseball fix? I present Game 162