Welcome to the Rays Tank!
Where There Are Massive Deals and the Crimedog Strikes Again!
This date in Rays History!
In 2014, the Rays made a massive eleven player deal in a three team swap that sent 2013 Rookie of the Year, Wil Myers along with Ryan Hanigan, Jose Castillo, and Gerardo Reyes to the San Diego Padres for Jake Bauers, Rene Rivera, and Burch Smith. Meanwhile the Nationals sent no-hitter savior, Steven Souza and Travis Ott to Tampa Bay and received Trea Turner and Joe Ross from San Diego.
Immediately it seemed that Washington dominated the trade with the acquisition of Turner, but with so many moving parts it will be impossible to declare a true winner for at least several years.
The answer to yesterday's question was Victor Zambrano, answered first by RaysOfHope
Wrong answers included Seth McClung, Rolando Arrojo, and Dewon Brazelton
"He mirrors Zack Greinke's ability to add and subtract from four pitches that he'll throw in any count. His four-seam fastball tops out at 89 mph, but both it and his lively two-seamer play above-average because of his command. His plus curveball comes in two varieties, one he can bury in the dirt for a strikeout and another he throws for strikes. His splitter elicits swing-and-misses because it closely resembles his two-seamer. He also uses a fosh changeup.
Hint: this was following the 2004 season when player was with different team.
There are 106 days until Opening Day!
That's the same number of RBI that Fred McGriff had in 2000
So, if you didn't enough of the should-be Halll of Famer yesterday then here you go!
- Star Wars is so yesterday's news, but Oakland pitcher, Sean Doolittle still dragged his obviously uninterested girlfriend to see it.
- This is an excellent read from a new writer for Lookout Landing, defending Jonathan Papelbon's no trade list and criticizing the cities that are on it.
- For some reason, the Rangers are giving Matt Bush a third chance at baseball for being able to throw 95 mph.
- More out of Oakland, as they signed Henderson Alvarez.
- The pitcher who netted the Rays Curt Casali has been designated for assignment by Detroit