Yesterday the Rays lost 2 games in one day, bringing their record to 1-5-1. This is meaningless and shouldn't be any cause for alarm. Don't worry about it. Watch some post-game interviews instead:
- Desmond Jennings has had a pretty nice couple of days behind the plate. I mean, he did bobble a ball in LF that allowed 2 Yankee runs to score, but whatever, you can't win 'em all.
- He hits all the right notes in this interview though: Just warming up, can't wait to play more ball, not worried about where he's hitting in the order or where he's playing in the outfield. He doesn't light the world on fire but man is it ever nice to hear these interviews when you're just starved for baseball news
- Desmond compliments Liriano and Burch Smith's pitching too.
- The main thing I took away from Cash's interview is his soothing Texan drawl. It's the vocal equivalent of aloe vera on a screaming sunburn. At least, I think that's what it is. I mean, he's not from Texas, but that's beside the point. People say I have a Boston accent even though I've never once lived there, but that didn't stop one guy from questioning my baseball allegiance one time. Anyway, nice voice, Cashy.
- Cash said Jaso's arm plays well in the outfield. I don't really mind this experiment. Sure there's way too many outfielders playing for Tampa Bay right now, but I still don't think Jaso projects well as a catcher. Unexpected, but welcome.