Hello friends. Earlier this month, I enacted the DRaysBay Fanpost Competition, moping to stir up community involvement in the pursuit of analysis about the Tampa Bay Rays.
We had some great responses, but I would like to encourage even more of you to put your mind to work, and join us in the competition.
Here's a refresh on the guidelines:
- The title of your FanPost must begin with "DRBFC:" (without the quotes). From there, you can title it whatever you'd like. Asdrubal's Dribbling Skillz. Dickie's Baseball Adventure. Hatfield's Extraordinary Hat. I don't care, but if you'd like to win I'd recommend it have something to do with the content of your submission.
- The deadline for FanPost submission is
July 14th, also the date of the All-Star Game in which probably no Rays players will appear, because come on. Is Logan Forsythe getting love? (Hope so!)July 22nd!
- You can have multiple submissions! Don't hesitate to submit multiple great ideas if you have them! But you can only win one prize. So if Sandy has the first, second, and third most votes for the contest, he's only winning once.
- Winners will be determined through a +1 commenting system once the finalists have been selected from the FanPost section by yours truly. Voting will take place of July 15th.
- Bonus rule: I reserve the right to invoke new rules as they become necessary! Because you're all garbage monsters and will find some way to muck this up.
Three level of prizes to be had:
- First Place: Two Rays flex packs! This includes the Rays Gift prize that accompanies the purchase of these flex packs as well, ranging from a tumbler, a t-shirt, a bobble head, a hat, a jacket, you choose! But if you don't live near Tropicana Field and are in, say, Boston? Then I'll give you a replacement Rays prize worth $100.
- Second Place: A really cool hat! There's lots of really cool hats in the mlb store, and I'll send you one of your choice and size.
- Third Place: Something from the clearance section on the Rays website. After all, it's what $tu would do. No you don't get to choose.
And if you have never written a FanPost before, please see our tutorial here.
I have faith in y'all. Let's see your work!