- The Toronto Blue Jays walked off last night, as they swept the Texas Rangers out f the playoffs defeating them in three straight games.
- The Chicago Cubs are one victory away from ending the San Francisco Giants season. They’ll play tonight at 9:30 in San Francisco.
- The Cleveland Indians are also just one win away from advancing to the Championship Series with the Boston Red Sox trailing two games to none. They’ll play tonight at 6:00 at Fenway
- The Tampa Bay Rays have outrighted Jaff Decker, Justin Marks, Juniel Querecuto, and Dana Eveland to Durham, removing them from to 40-man roster
- The Rays had several top prospects in their instructional league, including Josh Lowe whom they are trying out in the outfield
- The top ten plays of 2016 by WPA with two of them provided by a former Ray and a former Rays prospect
On this date in 1976, Pat Burrell was born. He would be the #1 overall pick in the 1998 draft by the Philadelphia Phillies. After spending nine seasons with them, in which he was a two-time MVP candidate and also a World Series champion, he spent an unceremonious year and a half with the Tampa Bay Rays, and then was released, only to promptly regain his former abilities and helped begin the Giants even year crusades.
Name this former Ray based off his career stat line,
.298/.365/.417 - 173 HR - 112 wRC+ - 42.0 fWAR - 2,527 Games
Hints: this player was with the Rays in 1999, 3-time Allstar, 5-time Silver Slugger, and a Rookie of the Year runner up