In pretty much the best news Rays fans have had all year, the Red Sox got swept. :)
And now David Ortiz is gone. :)
Isn’t the postseason great?
In the other league, Matt Moore will try to extend the series against Ben Zobrist and Joe Maddon tonight.
That's a little different seeing ex-#Rays LHP Matt Moore talking about his #Giants team facing Maddon's #Cubs. pic.twitter.com/iDZtGbjvnl— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) October 11, 2016
- The Rays will have eleven players eligible for arbitration this year. Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors just released projected arbitration salaries. Those guys at MLBTR are pretty good at this, so go ahead and use these numbers to think about next year’s team.
- Jason Hanselman profiled Adam Eaton as a possible Rays offseason trade target.
- MLB Pipeline named Casey Gillaspie and Brent Honeywell the Rays minor league players of the year. There’s video in there of Todd Kalas talking with both of them (from during a game near the end of the season).
- Dave Studeman has a graphical review of the season. Very good wrapup, helps see where the Rays really failed. Should note that, despite all of the home runs, the Rays still struggled to score runs.
- What minor league players make has recently become an issue. Rob Manfred has contended that calling the wages “poverty-level” doesn’t take bonuses into account. So Baseball America looked at exactly how much is given in bonuses, and who’s getting it.