- The Chicago Cubs pulled off the largest 9th inning comeback in post-season history last night as the San Francisco Giants even year witchcraft has been expulsed. Matt Moore did his part, providing eight stellar innings, but the Cubs roared to life in the 9th, trailing 5-2, as they rallied for four runs and took the game 6-5, to advance to the National League Championship Series
- Their opponents have yet to be decided as the Los Angeles Dodgers were able to hold off the Washington Nationals, evening their series at two games apiece.
- Mark Trumbo homered a lot this year for Baltimore, but that’s pretty much all he did. The Orioles will not be retaining him for the 2017 season
- The Atlanta Braves will not be bringing in a new face to manage the club next season as they announced Brian Snitker will be returning.
- Baseball America ranked the top 20 prospects in the Southern League (Double-A), the Rays placed five in the rankings
On this day in 2010, arguably the best team in Tampa Bay Rays history plays their final game together as the Texas +Rangers are victorious in game five of the ALDS. It would be the last game that Carl Crawford, Matt Garza, Dan Wheeler, Jason Bartlett, Rafael Soriano, and Joaquin Benoit would don a Rays uniform. The Rays had finished the 2010 season with a record of 96-66, best in the AL and 2nd in MLB.
Trivia - Name this Former Ray
- 3-Time All-Star, a Rookie of the Year award winner, & also won a Gold Glove
- Played from 1985 to 2000
- While with the Rays he slashed .243/.283/.336