- Justin Williams is off to a hot start in the Arizona Fall League, fresh off a breakout campaign in the minor leagues this past season, which he attributes a lot of his success to the Rays minor league hitting instructors, including Chad Mottola
- Chris Archer will be returning as an on-air personality during ESPN’s coverage of the World Series
- A few days ago, but Rays Vice-President, Chaim Bloom, turned down an interview for the recently opened position of General Manager for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- One of the most important aspects of the off-season has been announced as Qualifying Offers have been set at $17.2 million.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers and Washington Nationals played a thrilling game five last night to conclude the NLDS. The Dodgers came away with the victory, thanks to fantastic efforts from their bullpen, including Clayton Kershaw who closed the game out.
- The Florida Panthers paid tribute to the late Jose Fernandez as they dawned the #16 with Fendandez stitched on the back of each jersey
On this date in 2008, the Tampa Bay Rays continued to stun the Fenway faithful in Boston as they decimated the Red Sox 13-4 to take a 3-1 series advantage in the ALCS. Carl Crawford went 5-5, while Evan Longoria blasted his 5th homer of the post-season. During games three and four, they totaled 22 runs at Fenway.
Trivia - Former Prospect
The Correct answer to Wedneday’s trivia was Ozzie Guillen, correctly answered by JTMorgan.
Wrong answers included Travis Lee, Kevin Stocker, and Paul Sorrento
Baseball America Excerpt:
Hint: He was once ranked the 9th best prospect in his system sometime between 2010 and 2015