- The Rays for some reason were victorious last night, bring the race for best draft pick position to an almost dead heat
- If the Rays lose today, they’ll secure the 2nd pick in the 2017 draft, however, with victory there’s a chance for them to drop to the 6th spot.
- The Process Report, who have been cranking out excellent work this past week, took a look at the Rays drafting history. There is a huge drop off in picking 6th rather than 2nd.
- Also at TPR, they say that Steven Souza needs to embrace his status as a high strikeout guy and go with an all-or-nothing approach at the plate
- The Rays bullpen has been ever so much fun to watch this year
Around the League:
- The New York Mets clinched the top National League wild card spot yesterday. The Giants and Cardinals are still competing for the final spot with one game left.
- The Chicago White Sox are going to fire Robin Ventura and will presumably replace him with Rick Renteria
- The cardinals have told Matt Holiday they will be declining his option, making him a free agent following the season
- Angel Pagan took matters into his own hands when he was approached by a fan who ran onto the field