Any news on Rays stadium search is exciting. News about a new Rays stadium with pictures of a rendering of a stadium?! Well that’s taking it up a notch.
From the article the biggest pro and biggest con:
And the aforementioned stadium rendering:
- World Series baseball returns tonight to Wrigley Field for the first time since the Truman administration. However, the mighty Kyle Schwarber will not be starting in that game as he was not medically cleared to play in the outfield. The Cubs will be relegated to using the big man off the bench as a pinch hitter for the games in Chicago.
- Dave Cameron on Fangraphs breaks down the absolute slog that was game 2 of the World Series. Not to say that there weren’t some absolutely exciting moments, but I’d be okay with a bit quicker pace to the next/last several games of the season.
- Meg Rowley at Baseball Prospectus shares her take on the clunker that was game 2, and turns the spotlight on poor, poor Lonnie Chisenhall.
- Jeff Sullivan checks out if the postseason strikezone is better, more accurate than the regular season strikezone. Spoiler alert: it’s not.
- James Shields had a really not great half of season with the Chicago White Sox. Shields is still owed $44 million over the next two years of his deal, and he decided to not opt out of that deal. You can put it on the board...
- MLB The Show, the very best baseball video game series (RIP MVP Baseball), just released their cover for the 2017 edition:
He's no stranger to video game covers. Junior's back—front and center on @MLBTheShow. pic.twitter.com/E9O2rLMzKe— Mariners (@Mariners) October 27, 2016