- Bobby Wilson elected to become a free agent after being outrighted by the Rays yesterday, dropping the Rays 40-man roster total to 36 players
- The Rays Radio blog wrote about how the qualifying offer may help the Rays this off-season
- Rocco Baldelli spoke with ABC News about persevering through the injuries that derailed and eventually ended his playing career
- The Philadelphia Phillies released Matt Harrison, after he didn’t play a single game for them and will be payed $15.2 million in 2017
- The Tigers and Giants have discussed a trade involving J.D. Martinez
- Dave Roberts was named the NL Manager of the Year, and Terry Francona was named the AL Rookie of the Year
November 16th in Rays History:
Two former Rays were born - Julio Lugo (1975) & Dwight Gooden (1964)
2011 - Joe Maddon is named the American League Manager of the Year by the BBWAA. It was the second time Maddon won the award, having won also in 2008 after helping guide the Rays from worst to first as they won the AL Pennant. In 2011, he helped the team overcome early season deficits and then their historic September charge that will in infamy.
Which pitcher holds the Rays single-season record for finishing the most games? Meaning, they were the last player to throw a pitch for their team in the game.