- A lot of things happened during game six of the world series, that eventually led to the Chicago Cubs routing the Cleveland Indians by the score of 9-2. Tonight will be the final game of major league baseball in 2016 and it will be the final day of either the Cubs 100-something year long world series drought or the Indians 50-something year long drought
- Addison Russell hit a grand slam, so the Cubs decided to troll the Athletics and Smash Mouth after their shenanigans last week
- In response to the threat of a potential boycott of an international showcase, MLB surprised the teenage prospects with drug testing
- The New Yorks Mets have another member of their roster to have problems with domestic violence as Jeurys Familia was arrested
- The Texas Rangers are looking to trade Derek Holland
- Baseball America had a chat on their rankings of the Rays top-ten prospects
Stranger Things Fright Night. On July 7, 2017, Riverwalk Stadium gets turned "upside down." pic.twitter.com/1DoG5k6sZH— Montgomery Biscuits (@BiscuitBaseball) October 31, 2016
On November 2nd, 1995 the Tampa Bay Devil Rays unveiled their official uniforms and logo the team would be using in three years as they put on a display at the Florida Aquarium. The jerseys were said to be the most colorful in the league, but the team only embraced the rainbow for three seasons before turning to their dark green phase in 2002.
So, this is not Rays related, but figured I’d go with the theme of tonight.
There have been 12 players with WPA’s north of .500 during game seven of the World Series...name some of them.
Hint: 11 are pitchers, the hitter was a member of ‘Shot Heard Around the World Team’
Also - 1920, 1921, 1924, 1926, 1940, 1955, 1960, 1962, 1965, 1971, 1991, 2014