- After a very busy Friday, the Rays added eight players to their 40-man roster, and dealt away Richie Shaffer and Taylor Motter, while Steve Geltz was DFA’d, and John Lamb was released.
- The Rays also have made a contract offer to free agent catcher, Jason Castro
- Over the weekend, it became known that the Rays are interested in a reunion with Steve Pearce and that they are also interested in signing Eric Thames
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are interested in trading for Logan Forsythe
- Over at the St. Louis Cardinals SBN site, Viva El Birdos, they proposed a hypothetical blockbuster involving the Rays three biggest stars. Bradley is planning a rebuttal to this proposal
- Baseball America has a full list and scouting reports on all the players added to their team’s respective 40-man rosters
- The Cardinals, in real life, signed long-time Blue Jay reliever, Brett Cecil to a four year deal
- Johan Santana will be attempting to resurrect his career once again
November 21st in Rays History
Two former Rays were born; Brian Meadow (1975) & Hank Blalock (1980)
2003 - The Tampa Bay Rays acquired Tino Martinez from the St. Louis Cardinals for a PTBNL (Evan Rust). Martinez would play in 138 games for the Rays in 2004, slashing .262/.362/.461 with 23 HR, good for 113 wRC+ and 1.7 fWAR
Who was the Rays earliest first round draft pick to have played in the majors?