- It’s so much fun to hear that the MLB owners and player’s union are struggling to come to terms...thus possibly resulting in a lockout
- Vin Scully was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- The Toronto Blue Jays have reportedly offered Edwin Encarnacion a multi-year $80 million contract
- Steven Souza talked with Bill Chastain about what he has to differently to improve in 2017
- MLB.com has a 10+ minute interview with Dewayne Staats regarding the Rays trade possibilities
- The Rays have lost out to the Minnesota Twins in the Jason Castro sweepstakes as he has reportedly accepted a three year - $24 million deal
- The Process Report responded to the Castro news by claiming the Rays are committing to sporting the lowest payroll next year
- Prosecutors allege agent Bart Hernandez signed contract to work with violent, since-murdered smuggler
November 23rd in Rays History
One former Rays player was born on this date; Dave McCarty (1969)
2007 - Former Rays pitcher, Joe Kennedy, suddenly dies at the age of 28 due to an un-diagnosed heart condition. Kennedy began his major league career with the Rays in 2001 and spent the bulk of his career in Tampa Bay. He also split time with the Rockies, Athletic, Blue Jays, and Diamondbacks.
Some fun with walk-off numbers,
The Rays have walked off 139 times in franchise history
Evan Longoria is responsible for seven of these, the most in team history.
However, the bulk of his walk-offs happened in the 9th inning.
So, who owns the most walk-off plate appearances in extra inning ballgames in team history?
Hint; it isn’t Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford, or B.J. Upton