- The Washington Nationals traded Danny Espinosa to the Los Angeles Angels
- Yorman Landa, was a pitching prospect in the Twins organization, he tragically died in a car crash over the weekend
- A former Braves pitcher, Anthony Varvaro, has hung up his cleats and is joining the New York Port Authority
- What are the keys for Kevin Gadea to stick in the majors
- Marc Topkin has his takeaways from the Winter Meetings, like the Rays are asking for a huge sum for their pitchers, and also the Rays have no plans of a tear down
- Sam Fuld hosted his annual wiffle ball game for charity that featured several former & current Rays such as Fuld, Sean Rodriguez, Matt Moore, Kevin Kiermaier, and Chris Archer
- Steve has begun his annual community prospect rankings with voting now open for the Rays No.1 top prospect
December 12th in Rays History
2004 - The Rays acquired Kevin Cash from the Toronto Blue Jays for Chad Gaudin. Cash spent the 2005-2006 seasons in the Rays organization, only playing 13 games in the majors for Tampa Bay.
Name the former/current Rays player based on an excerpt from Baseball America
[Prospect] isn't the prettiest second baseman in the minors, but those who have seen him over long periods have been impressed. Nothing looks smooth, but he makes the plays and does the little things to help his team win. He has pretty good pop for a middle infielder. His 21 homers in 1999 set a [affiliation] record, and he followed up with 20 more in Double-A. In the Arizona Fall League, he enhanced his versatility by playing third base, first base and left field.
Hint: he was ranked in his team’s top 30 twice back during the early 2000’s