- Tonight the deadline for teams to non-tender arbitration eligible players will pass with the Rays expected to offer contracts to each player
- Neil Solondz wrote why the new CBA won’t be too beneficial for the Rays
- The next great and revolutionary mind for baseball, and the Rays already have him on the payroll
- Pirates fans are having a rough go of it as their star outfielder, Andrew McCutchen, is on the trade block with the National wanting to acquire him ASAP. Now, the Pirates starting short stop, Jung Ho Kang, is in legal trouble once again as he was arrested for DUI and also leaving the scene of an accident
- The Seattle Mariners and southpaw reliever, Mark Rzepczynski, are closing in on a two year deal
- The Atlanta Braves continued to overhaul their starting rotation as they have now acquired Jaime Garcia from the St. Louis Cardinals for three prospects
- The Angels and Royals made a player for player swap as Brooks Pounders is heading to LA
- The Oakland Athletics will no longer receive funds from revenue sharing
December 2nd in Rays History
2013 - The Rays resigned Jose Molina to a two year deal. Molina had spent the prior two years with the Rays and accrued a total of 0.7 fWAR. However, Molina’s value plummeted in 2014 and after a year of -1.4 fWAR, his career would be over.
2015 - The Rays acquired Hank Conger from the Houston Astros. Conger struggled for the Rays in 2016, and would lose his job in the majors by the end of July.
Fun with pinch hitters
The Rays have used a pinch-hitter, 2,367 times
Those pinch-hitters have homered 47 times
Five of those times have been of the walk-off variety
Name those five heroes! (five players who pinch-hit and hit a walk-off HR)