- Massive news from last night as it’s been reported that the Rays have signed or are close to signing veteran catcher, Wilson Ramos, to a two year deal.
- By signing Ramos, the Rays front office is showing the ability to take risk
*Much more to come on Wilson Ramos later today
- The Process Report has its take on the Rays signing of Wilson Ramos
- The Boston Red Sox made a slew of move yesterday, most notable acquiring Chris Sale from the Chicago White Sox for a package of top prospects.
- Boston also acquired reliever Tyler Thornburg from the Milwaukee Brewers for Rays nemesis, Travis Shaw, and two other players
- To complete their day, Boston signed Gold Glove winning first baseman, Mitch Moreland.
- Late last night, it was announced that the Texas Rangers will re-sign Carlos Gomez to a one year deal.
- The Royals and Cubs are close to a deal that would send Wade Davis to Chicago and Jorge Soler to Kansas City, there are other players said to be involved as well.
- The Orioles met with Jose Bautista to say that the Baltimore fans simply don’t like Jose
- The latest Rays rumor
December 7th in Rays History
One former Rays player was born on this date: Tino Martinez (1967)
2001 - The Rays re-signed short stop, Chris Gomez, whom they picked up halfway through the past season. During his year and a half Rays tenure, Gomez slashed .275/.313/.440 with 18 HR over 185 games. Marc Topkin considers him a player the Rays let slip away.
2005 - Dewon Brazelton, the former first round draft pick by the Rays, is traded to the San Diego Padres for former uber-prospect, Sean Burroughs. Both players wouldn’t go on to do too much.
2006 - After resurrecting his career, former number one prospect, Josh Hamilton, was left off the Rays 40-man roster and he’d be selected by the Chicago Cubs during the Rule V draft, he would then be flipped to the Cincinnati Reds. He would go on to be a perennial award winner.