This Date in Team History!
We've seemingly entered a period of nothingness in team history
Trivia Time! (Ian)
Yesterday's answer was Jesus Colome, first correct by ZBW.
Also, apparently nobody on this site knows the proper use of the word "circa." It's the plural of "circus," dummies. And Sanford is correct -- 2002 was at least three circa.
For today's trivia, these two movement charts are the same player, from different years.
Who is the player?
There are 38 days until Opening Day!
That's the same number of runs knocked in by Gabe Gross during the 2008 season.
One of those runs came via this walkoff shot against Chicago.
- The Rays lost Tyler Goeddel in the Rule 5 draft this year, and here's an article about Goeddel and his potential to start in the outfield for Philadelphia.
- Mike Lortz at Tampa Bay Baseball Market is analyzing the zip codes in the Tampa Bay area. You can read what he's done so far, here.
- This was from Monday, but I've been dealing with an odd work week, so I'm just getting around to reading it. Sorry if already linked. Good work from Jason Hanselman looking judging hitters based on both three-true-outcomes and ball-in-play results.
- Craig Edwards on extending Blake Snell.
- Seeing as concerns from his physical forced Yovani Gallardo and the Orioles to restructure his deal, Jeff Sullivan talks about the Orioles physicals (two years ago, Grant Balfour failed his Orioles physical, and the Rays got him. Yippee!).
- Sam Miller found a way in which Jake Elmore is special.
It's picture day. Much more, and an in-depth analysis of faces, coming soon.