iPads are coming to Major League Baseball!
Apple & MLB sign multi-year deal to equip every team's coaching staff with iPad Pros to access stats, matchups, video & other data - DJ— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) March 30, 2016
MLB teams will be allowed to use iPads in dugouts, #Rays were one of the teams that tried them last September— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) March 30, 2016
MLB and Apple announce partnership that will put iPad Pros in dugouts with pre-loaded scouting video, reports and Statcast data— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 30, 2016
Under MLB rules, the iPads will not have internet access during games, however.— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 30, 2016
- "I think any of us, all of us, have the potential to win and compete for the Cy Young." - Chris Archer on the Rays rotation
- Chris Archer was hit by a line drive off Rene Rivera's bat in a backfield game. The Rays played the scrimmage after their trip to Dunedin was expected to be rained out. (He's fine).
- Speaking of Rivera, today is the deadline to cut non-guaranteed contracts by only playing 1/4 of the salary.
- The Charlotte County Family YMCA and the Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity will be recognized during an onfield ceremony before today's game. Each organization will receive a $5,000 donation from the Rays Baseball Foundation. [tampabay.com]
- Roger Mooney reports the Rays will not have a "bullpen day" starting Erasmo Ramirez when the need arises, and will instead use a spot starter from Durham.
When #Rays need a 5th starter in mid-April, it will likely come from Durham— Roger Mooney (@RMooneyTBO) March 29, 2016
- With the rotation set with only four men, here are comments from those who missed out:
- No one has more doubles in the Grapefruit League this pre-season than the Rays.
- Something you should already know, the Rays expect to see Motter in the Bigs sooner than later.
- Other tweets:
Tampa Bay saxophonist B.K. Jackson will perform both national anthems on Opening Day, the 5th time he's performing at the #Rays home opener— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) March 30, 2016
- The Rays farm system jumped from 24th to 11th in the Baseball Prospectus Rankings
- Jeff Sullivan on Joey Rickard changing the O's plans for the season
- Eno Sarris wants to invent a new pitch.