The Tampa Bay Rays play their next 12 games against division opponents; a huge opportunity to show everyone they are serious players in the AL East. There is a good chance the division standings will look very different when they finish their tour. Today the Rays face starter Joe Kelly in Boston, who they have successfully hit to the tune of .362/.412/.468 in two career games.
This unfortunate random tweeter is going to lose some money on today's game:
With Thursday's start still TBA, is it possible Archer requested to match up with Price? Interesting...
Command issues across the board with many Rays starting pitching prospects yesterday, including:
Obligatory attendance talk:
- Bill Chastain answers and few questions from his inbox.
- The Rays play the Red Sox for their next three games, who lost in pretty epic fashion to the Blue Jays yesterday.
- Even though Brad Boxberger's fastball averaged 93.5 mph last year, its perceived velocity was only 91.5 mph.
- Michael Beller of Sports Illustrated has Drew Smyly as his 2016 breakout candidate.
- Emily Austen talks about the Rays building confidence from their series win vs the Chicago White Sox.
- New stadium in Oldsmar? Doubtful.