Yesterday was pretty great. Chris Archer returned to 2015 form against the Division leading Orioles to close the gap to 2.5 games. He attacked with all three of his pitches, and finally ended a night with good results. It's hard to find a weak link across the rotation or bullpen when Archer is on.
Tonight Jake Odorizzi faces Ubaldo Jimenez. The Orioles hitters have done well vs Odorizzi in the past. Its time for that to change.
Is this the year Archer gets serious with the changeup?
In my opinion, Odorizzi should throw 3-pitch innings:
Obligatory attendance talk:
Foolish to compare between years during the season, but #Rays attendance is down 25 people per game from 2015. But no games yet vs NY.— TBBaseballMarket (@TBBaseballMkt) April 26, 2016
- Chris Mitchell of Fangraphs wrote about Blake Snell's debut, and shows a few major league comps for his crazy good 2015 season.
- Bill Chastain and Enny Romero credit his cutter for his successful start to the 2016 season.
- Are Drew Smyly and Matt Moore overachieving?
- Or is Drew Smyly actually really freaking good?
- Jeff Sullivan writes about the extreme rise of Blake Snell's fastball.
- Estimated 2016 TV revenues by Craig Edwards.