Off days are just the worst.
My entire day is usually planned to whatever time the game starts and when there isn't one, time just seems to halt and agonizingly torments me until it's time for bed.
Thank goodness there's not another one for a while -- three days, then immediately followed by another one, two days later -- ugh.
- The Durham Bulls blog has a lengthy, but worthwhile write up of Blake Snell
- The Process Report reviewed the Rays series victory over the Orioles.
- Corey Dickerson needs to be at the home run derby, surely he'll decimate the Rays record of four. Roger Mooney has a nice article of Mr. Big Swinging.
- So Gary Busey is in town and he'll throw out tonight's first pitch. Plus Topkin previews tonight's game.
- Before each pitch, Evan Longoria has already envisioned every possible scenario for a ball hit his way, that's just part of what makes him so good.
- Steven Souza has matured, Logan Forsythe has been one of the top leadoff guys in the league, and Drew Smyly tried to get hitters to swing at bad pitches.
Around the League:
- Marly Rivera of ESPN has a full write-up on Orioles superstar Manny Machado, where he discusses how he honed his craft at third base
- The Blue Jays aren't going to meet Jose Bautista's initial demands, but they're most certainly going to negotiate.
- The Rays have an upcoming series against the Angels, who will now be without their closer, Houston Street.
- Dee Gordon, one of the Marlins core players, has been suspended for 80 games due to PED usage